Riktlinjer för hälsa och säkerhet för upplevelsevärdar och -gäster
As the world reopens and Experiences resume after COVID-19 closures, it’s important for us all to act responsibly to help protect each other’s health and safety. With that in mind, we’ve created a set of COVID-19 health and safety guidelines for Hosts and guests of Airbnb Experiences, based on guidance from experts such as the World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Airbnb has introduced guidelines and programs to help address health and safety concerns, but these measures cannot eliminate all risk. Especially if you are in a higher risk category (ex: people above the age of 65 or people with pre-existing medical conditions such as diabetes or heart disease), we recommend obtaining professional guidance and taking extra precautions when you are making the decision to host or book an Experience on Airbnb.
COVID-19 safety requirements for Hosts & guests
- Wear a mask and practice social distancing when required by local laws or guidelines.
- Stay a minimum of 6 feet (2 meters) apart from each other at all times.
- Hosts should consider limiting their Experience to a maximum of 10 participants, including any Hosts or Co-Hosts.
- Hosts must follow Airbnb’s cleaning guidelines to clean your space and any equipment during your Experience and between each Experience instance. Learn more.
All Experience Hosts and guests must follow these safety requirements. Guests who don’t follow the requirements may be stopped by their Hosts from taking in part of the Experience and may not be eligible for a refund.
Don’t travel if you’ve recently been exposed to or have symptoms of COVID-19
To help protect the health and safety of our community, it’s our policy that guests shouldn’t take part in an Experience if any of the following are true:
- You’re actively infected or have tested positive with COVID-19 in the past 30 days
- You suspect you’re sick or have been exposed and are waiting for COVID-19 test results
- You have symptoms or are worried about possible infection of COVID-19
- You’ve had close contact over time with someone confirmed or thought to be infected with COVID-19, within the last 14 days
For more information about what to do in the event of illness or exposure to COVID-19, go to our:
Keep your hands clean
It's a good idea to wash your hands before, during, and after your Experience and bring hand sanitizer.
- Wash your hands properly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Wash them before handling food, eating food, after interaction with a domestic or working animal, after going to the bathroom, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If you can’t access soap and water, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Make sure it covers your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- If you’re eating together, avoid family-style dining and buffets and opt for Individually plated food instead.
If you test positive for COVID-19
If you recently tested positive for COVID-19 or have started to feel any COVID-19 symptoms after going on an Experience, consider letting anyone who may have been impacted or potentially exposed know—and also tell the relevant local authorities.
If you’re a Host, consider adapting your Experience
To comply with health and safety guidelines, you may need to adapt both your Experience and your space.
Here are some things to consider:
- Physical contact: Change your activity to avoid physical contact among guests and between Host and guests.
- Hygiene: Provide opportunities for guests to wash their hands during the Experience, and bring extra hand sanitizer. Sanitize equipment between guests (kitchen tools, life vests, chairs, etc), both during and between Experience instances.
- For indoor Experiences, consider limiting the areas a guest can enter your home to only the necessary spaces. This can help avoid unnecessary exposure for you and your guests and decrease the amount of space you need to clean and sanitize afterwards.
- Consider moving your Experience to an outdoor space, or changing your meeting location and the venues you visit in order to avoid crowds. Think about transit options and how to avoid peak times or traveling in close contact with your guests.
- If you plan to visit public spaces (e.g. monuments, parks, city center, etc.), be sure to check local advisories and public health recommendations both when you receive bookings and before you host to ensure that you’re compliant. Some venues now have requirements for entry and may ask to see proof of vaccination. Additionally, we recommend keeping guests moving rather than being sedentary.
- Food and drink:
- If your Experience involves eating or drinking, ensure that participants practice social distancing when consuming the food or drink.
- Whenever possible, guests should consume food/drinks outdoors or through take-home options.
- Avoid offering any self-serve food or drink options. Opt for individual, plated services instead of family-style dining and buffets.
- Use disposable food service items including utensils and dishes. If disposable items are not feasible, ensure that all non-disposable food service items are handled with gloves and washed with dish soap and hot water or in a dishwasher.
- Ventilation: When hosting indoors, ensure that ventilation systems operate properly and increase circulation of outdoor air as much as possible by opening windows and doors.
As you update your Experience page, keep in mind our Content Policy and the Coronavirus. You may say that you are taking extra precautions, but you cannot claim that your Experience is “COVID-free” or use similar language.
- GästSäkerhetstips för värdar för Airbnb-upplevelserTa reda på hur du gör en säkerhetsplan för dina gäster och få några tips och information om första hjälpen.
- GästKrav gällande hälsa och säkerhet för Airbnb-boendenDin hälsa och ditt välbefinnande är viktiga för oss. Bekanta dig med säkerhetstips och hälsoriktlinjer under COVID-19-pandemin.
- UpplevelsevärdHur kan värdar för Airbnb-upplevelser och Airbnb-äventyr förbereda gäster för fysiska aktiviteter?Vätska, lämplig klädsel och nödplanering – tänk på alla sätt som du kan förbereda gäster ordentligt för din upplevelse.