Parco Regionale Appia Antica
109 lokalinvånare rekommenderar ·
Tips från lokalbefolkningen
A walk in the countryside of Rome, in the midst of large meadows, ancient Roman remains, small streams and flocks of sheep grazing. A great way to take a breath from the hardships of tourism, right? Just take a bus and you're in the middle of nature.
The Park reaches to the city centre, and, being contiguous with the Alban Hills, it represents a biological corridor for numerous animal species. The Park has preserved parts of Roman countryside.
Unika saker att göra i närheten
Ställen att bo på i närheten
Lokalinvånare rekommenderar också
“The biggest park in Rome, You can reach Via Appia Antica and catacombs, walking through the nature, between sheeps and archeological places ”
- 163 lokalinvånare rekommenderar
“The park is named after the aqueducts that go through it. It is crossed on one side by the Aqua Felix and also contains part of the Aqua Claudia and the remains of Villa delle Vignacce to the North West. A short stretch of the original Roman Via Latina can also be seen. The park is served by the subway stations Lucio Sestio and Giulio Agricola (line A).”
- 116 lokalinvånare rekommenderar
“The Catacombs of San Callisto are among the largest and most important in Rome. They were built around the middle of the second century and are part of a cemetery complex that occupies an area of 15 hectares of land, with a network of tunnels almost 20 kilometers long, on several floors, and reaching a depth of more than 20 meters. Dozens of martyrs, 16 popes and many Christians were buried in them. They take their name from the deacon San Callisto, who, at the beginning of the third century, was appointed by Pope Zephyrin to the administration of the cemetery and so the Catacombs of San Callisto became the official cemetery of the Church of Rome. In the above ground there are two small basilicas with three apses, called "Tricore". Pope San Zefirino and the young martyr of the Eucharist, San Tarcisio, were probably buried in the eastern one. The underground cemetery consists of several areas. The Crypt of the Popes is the holiest and most important place in these catacombs, called "the little Vatican" because 9 popes and probably 8 church dignitaries from the 3rd century were buried there. Along the walls are the original Greek inscriptions of 5 popes. On 4 tombstones, next to the pontiff's name there is the title of "bishop", because the pope was considered the head of the Church of Rome, and on two tombstones there is also the Greek abbreviation of "MPT" (martyr) . The Crypt of Santa Cecilia, the popular patron saint of music. From a noble Roman family, she was martyred in the third century. Buried where his statue now stands, it was venerated here for at least five centuries. In 821, her relics were transported to Trastevere in the basilica dedicated to her. The Statue of Santa Cecilia is a copy of Maderno's famous work, sculpted in 1599. The crypt was all decorated with frescoes and mosaics. On the wall near the statue there is an ancient image of Saint Cecilia, in an attitude of praying, further below, in a small niche the Savior is depicted, holding the Gospel in his hand; next to it is painted the martyr pope Sant'Urbano. On one wall of the skylight the figures of three martyrs are seen: Policamo, Sebastiano and Quirino. they are the oldest nuclei (2nd century). Passing through imposing galleries full of niches, we come to five small rooms, real family tombs, called cubicles of the Sacraments and particularly important for their frescoes. The frescoes can be dated from the early 3rd century and symbolically represent the sacraments of Baptism and the Eucharist. The prophet Jonah is also depicted, a symbol of resurrection.”
- 58 lokalinvånare rekommenderar
“If you go to visit the Colosseum, do not take a relaxing walk to "Villa Celimontana", a public park whose creation dates back to the sixteenth century. It was subject to transformation in a landscape sense in 1858 by the French architect Pierre Charles L'Enfant (1754-1825) on the initiative of Laura Maria Giuseppa di Bauffremont and again in 1870, with neo-Gothic style interventions, for the last owner Richard von Hoffmann. The villa covers a site from the Flavian and Traianean ages of which there are walls. It contains numerous finds from various eras and origins, including the Egyptian obelisk of Ramses II. Archaeological excavations brought to light in 1889 the Basilica Hilariana and its unique mosaics.”
- 85 lokalinvånare rekommenderar